Therapy for women living childfree provides women who have chosen not to become mothers a space where their experiences are considered and valued as they prioritize their mental health. Women who are living childfree often feel overlooked, uncertain, or pressured as they make choices that may not align with what society expects from them. As we work together in therapy we will explore feelings of anxiety, shame, and indecision that may accompany your decision to live childfree. We’ll explore your personal goals and values so that you can feel more confident making choices that support your vision for your future.
Living childfree can bring unwanted feedback and scrutiny that undermine the choices you’ve made for your future. You deserve to feel comfortable and confident in the life you’ve built for yourself.
Why do childfree women seek therapy?
Living childfree is often an option considered by women who prioritize their own wellbeing, focus on goals unrelated to raising children, or who anticipate that becoming a mother might be difficult or undesirable for them. A choice to live childfree is easier for some than others. For those who experience uncertainty or confusion about living childfree, therapy can help to provide clarity.
Topics We May Explore in Therapy Include:
- Understanding the impact of familial, societal, and cultural narratives about femininity or motherhood on your decision to live childfree
- Navigating anxiety, shame, indecision, or fears of regret that accompany the decision to live childfree
- Finding connections and fulfillment in life as a woman who has made a choice not to become a parent
- Clarifying the passions and goals you want to invest your energy in as you plan for your future
- Building romantic and social relationships that support a childfree life
- Navigating the expectations and opinions of others who may not understand your choice to live childfree
As a therapist I enjoy working with women as they explore what it means to live an authentic, empowered childfree life. I am particularly passionate about working with women who experience anxiety, shame, or indecision that is intertwined with their decision to live childfree.
I want to help you build confidence in your reproductive choices and live the most authentic life possible. Let’s talk more about what this looks like for you!