Parenthood Indecision Therapy provides support to women who are making decisions about how, when, and if they want to become parents. Oftentimes those who experience parenthood indecision have attempted to find clarity but continue to feel ambivalent, confused, anxious, or overwhelmed at the idea of having to make a choice about becoming a parent or raising children. Parenthood Indecision Therapy can be helpful for those who have experienced a consistent lack of clarity about whether or not they want to have children or for those who notice that this decision is accompanied by a high level of emotional distress.
Many of my clients find that decisions about parenthood are creating continued feelings of ambivalence, anxiety, guilt, and self-doubt that make it difficult for them to understand how they want to move forward.
How Can Parenthood Indecision Therapy Help Me?
Parenthood Indecision Therapy can help you to explore the impacts of your decision and build the awareness you need to make informed choices about your next steps. A therapist experienced in parenthood indecision therapy can help you challenge narratives about parenthood that have created feelings of anxiety and ambivalence so that you can move forward with confidence and clarity.
Topics We May Explore In Parenthood Indecision Therapy Include:
- Building confidence and clarity in your reproductive goals and decisions
- Understanding ways that parenthood indecision is influenced by familial, social, environmental, and political dynamics
- Clarifying the passions and goals you want to invest your energy in as you plan for your future
- Exploring fears about how your body will handle pregnancy, transitioning to motherhood, and how parenthood will impact your relationship
- Navigating the opinions of others that are impacting your decisions about becoming a parent
- Examining different perspectives that you and your partner(s) may have about becoming parents
- Healing from past traumas or family dynamics that are influencing your decision to become a parent
You don't have to do this alone. Therapy can provide you with the support you need to move forward.
I help my clients build confidence and clarity in their reproductive choices while navigating the complex emotions that have accompanied their reproductive experiences.
I am passionate about helping individuals build trust their decisions and consciously engage in reproductive experiences. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by reproductive indecision, consider contacting me for a free 15-minute consultation. I'd love to connect with you!