Therapy for students provides undergraduate and graduate students an informed space to address the unique concerns that impact their mental health. Managing life as a student can lead to feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and unsure of your next steps (especially if your experiences have been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic!). As we work together in therapy we will explore what it look like for you to balance the expectations of being a student while still maintaining social connections, responsibilities, hobbies, and routines that are important to you. We’ll clarify the goals you have for your future and identify what it looks like for you to work towards them authentically. And finally, we will work through feelings of burnout and low motivation so that you can regain feelings of passion and curiosity again!
Whether you’re just beginning to adjust to living away from home or you’re preparing to graduate with no idea what comes next, I’m here to help you build the tools you need to feel confident about your future.
Why Do College and Graduate Students Seek Therapy?
As a student you may find yourself feeling unequipped to manage the decisions you’re expected to make about your career and your future. You may find that it’s hard to balance your schedule and the expectations of your education while also maintaining a social life. It’s easy to feel stuck, burnout, and unmotivated as you try to juggle it all.
Some of the topics that are commonly explored in therapy for students include:
- Creating and sustaining meaningful relationships, either socially or romantically
- Identifying personal goals and values to help guide you as you plan for the future
- Building routines that support your mental health as a student
- Creating more consistent eating, sleeping, or exercise routines
- Reducing feelings of overwhelm and burnout that leave you feeling unmotivated
- Learning how to live independently away from home
- Managing unrealistic expectations, imposter syndrome, and perfectionistic tendencies
You don’t have to do this alone. Therapy can provide you with the support you need to move forward.
Are you looking for a therapist who can meet you where you’re at and help you thrive?
Therapy can bring you the confidence and clarity you need to feel like you can move forward with your life. I want to help you find the balance you need to make sustainable changes… and enjoy the rest of the time you have left as a student!
Let’s work together as you explore what it means to pursue the goals that are most important to you!